Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fakey McFakerson

In the past five weeks here in Bulgaria, I have craved, nay--missed, many a food. However, I have taken the stance that when in Bulgaria, eat like a Bulgarian. Besides, approximating non-Bulgarian foods with decidedly Bulgarian ingredients isn't the best.

I think it is best to embrace the few months I have to enjoy all things Bulgarian. For instance, I really wanted a chai to celebrate my graduate school acceptance...but chai is not to be found in the BG, so Nathan and I split a delicious Mura bar which is sort of like a Bulgarian, hazelnutty, coffeeish candy bar thing. It seemed appropriate (and it was midnight and we could only have something from the convenience store).

However, I am so freaking hungry. I am craving sugar which generally means there isn't enough protein in my diet. Good word....can I please get some fake meat? I don't want to turn this blog into my struggles with being a vegetarian, because, really and truly, until a few days ago I had no struggles.

So tonight, in an effort to try and absorb protein via happy thoughts about foodstuffs, I will toast my favorite fake meats:

To Tofu Pups, the most delicious ballpark snack.

To Morningstar Farms Cheddar Burger Grillers Prime, you make me want to have a cookout. Right now. Seriously, you would be delicious with some Bulgarian tomatoes and fresh lettuce from the Green Market. There is a lot of ketchup here. Come visit me--we can be happy together.

To Chik'n Patties, the fundamental ingredient in Sally's Chik'n Parmesan delightfulness. Not only do you remind me of her and John, you also remind me of whole wheat pasta. Mmmm.

To fake pepperoni, thank you for many delicious at-home pizza nights with Nathan. Here's to many more!

To a non-processed chunk of tofu, I miss you the most. Whether grilled and marinated by Moe and stashed in a burrito, or sauteed with delicious vegetables and served with rice or used as a delicious filler on grilled vegetable sandwiches--you are the best. The very, very best. I miss you.

So that's that--just wanted to give a shout out to important protein sources in my life. And, believe it or not, I feel less hungry now.

1 comment:

LAA said...

You know your mother wants to feed you, don't you? Love to you & Nathan!