Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Red Letter Day!

So just as I was bemoaning the fact that I haven't had any emails today from people that I actually know (i.e. non-JCrew final sale emails), I received a whole bunch of emails all at once!

First, our dear friends sent us a slideshow of their adorable house and I'm so proud of how grown-up we all are!

Then, I received an email from my parents that I have been accepted to yet another graduate school, received a scholarship AND am getting money back from the government in the form of a tax return.

I've now been accepted to Simmons, in Fenway, the alma mater of one of my favorite authors Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. My mother-in-law gave me her most famous historical narrative, A Midwive's Tale, for Christmas this year and you should really read it if you haven't experienced her work already.

I'm so excited to have more options...although the reality of grad school poverty is certainly hitting us this week.

I'm currently craving a haircut and it looks like I won't be getting regular haircuts in the next few years, so I'm thinking of getting one in Bulgaria...is this a horrible idea? I think it might be a fun cultural adventure!

Also, Nathan ventured to Technopolis is buy us a coffeemaker yesterday, so we had a cup of chai to celebrate.

In other big news, we almost certainly have an apartment! If you want to know more about our (hopefully, soon-to-be) neighborhood, visit this website: http://www.coolidgecornermerchants.com/

I can't even tell you how excited I am to move there. It sounds so relaxed urban and has cool vibes much like Asheville. One of our fellow study abroad students (goes to Appalachian but is from Asheville) lived in this Boston neighborhood for a year and loved it! We will live in the triangle formed by the Russian, Brazilian and Jewish neighborhoods. It's a safe, quiet, family, non-touristy kind of place and we are so, so excited!

In other equally big news, in my opinion, there are Moe's in Massachusetts! Oh. My. Goodness. The closest one is 30 miles or so away, but at least the possibility is there and, really, it can't be long until somewhere in the city has one!

So that's our exciting news! Bulgaria has been kind of drizzly this week which is actually a very nice and refreshing change of pace...it makes it really feel like spring.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as I have to pick a grad school, Nathan continues to apply feverishly for jobs and we face our Bulgarian language midterm!

1 comment:

LAA said...

So much good news! Wait until you get home for a haircut. Love to you & Nathan!!