Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wedding Photos!

I love looking at these so much that I thought you would too. Here's what I've gleaned from looking at all of these photos for an hour:
1. I am the most expressive gift opener ever. Seriously. I make crazy faces when I open gifts.
2. My friends also are quite expressive when I open gifts. No simple smiles here.
3. Nathan and I were on the receiving end of the best showers ever. I think everything about the wedding was so me. I'll elaborate on this more with certain pictures.
4. We must be two of the most blessed people in the world.
5. Getting married a week after Christmas is wonderful. Everyone is there for a week or two and there are parties every night and everyone is so festive and relaxed! I had the wedding week of my dreams!

So on to the pictures....

This is the spread from our family shower. Oh man. Do you see that delicious Middle Eastern and Greek food? Yum...

Also, at this shower I laughed more than I have ever laughed in my life. Seriously--top 5. It was hilarious and fun and the perfect way to celebrate as a family!
This photo is from another dream come true shower. Truly, I have dreamed of having a shower at Chelsea's Tea Room ever since coming to Asheville for college. It is one of my favorite places in the world. Although I knew getting married at home was better financially, I was super sad about not being in Asheville because that meant I couldn't have my Bridesmaids' Tea at Chelsea's. Well, wouldn't you know, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law made my dreams come true by throwing me a shower at Chelsea's. It was beyond beautiful and we ate quiche, fruit salad and lemon cake that I still daydream about. And, see what I mean about the expressions?
This was the setup on the food table at the aforementioned family shower. I'm sending a big shout out to my personal photographer and bridesmaid (who might be moving to Boston too!) for taking such an awesome photo of Nathan and me.
Here's a shot my mother-in-law took at the wedding. I love how my dress looks in this photo. You'll get a better shot of my shawl farther down, but it looks great here too. My mother knit it for me. It's cashmere and prettier (not to mention considerably less expensive and more special) than the Vineyard Vines one that inspired it. It was fastened with a silver magnolia (Of course!) shawl pin.
The wreath at the entrance of the church with a pearl monogram! So me.
Nathan's groom's cake. This was the runner-up to his first choice design: "Marriage is not a perfect information game." Oh man--I'm married to such a math nerd! :-) The point is, he loved it AND he got to teach everyone some math at the rehearsal!
Former roommate and I with BooBoo. This is our classic picture. The two classiest people I know are in this picture. Seriously--love and miss them.
Wedding cake! Bonus points that everyone told us that it was the most delicious wedding cake they'd ever had. You know why? My mother searched for hours to find an unpretentious baker who didn't try to woo us with dry, yet fancy, flavors like chocolate ganache or somesuch. Cake is basic. Let it stay basic, I say. Our guests certainly appreciated the unfussiness. Oh, and there was ice cream because, in Nathan's mind, cake is pointless without ice cream. In this shot you can also see our gorgeous Arthur Court cake plate and serving set in the Magnolia pattern (Of course!).
Koozies from the rehearsal dinner. Love it.
Me and girls getting dressed for the Big Day. Yes, I am singing Goin' to the Chapel. Yup, they were my backup dancers. Love it. The Princess made mix CDs for us to get ready to because, well, she's awesome and so are mix CDs. We both like to make them to chronicle life events.
4 Bridesmaids and my Daddy! I think this picture is so fabulous. I can't wait to frame it when I get home.
Me about 2 seconds after getting engaged Christmas morning 2006.
Older Baby Girl waiting to open the door to guests at the shower she and her mom (one of my fab sisters-in-law) threw me. This shower was the perfect everyone-you-know shower. It was the greatest kickoff to our three months of wedding partying!
And finally, one of my bridal portraits taken at my high school. I love the bricks. Nathan and I met there and all of bridal shots were taken there or underneath a magnolia tree (Of course!).
Sorry there are no pictures of the Bridesmaids' Tea my mother threw. All of my pictures had someone's name in them (on the place cards) so I couldn't post them. Oh well.

I hope you all had fun remembering those crazy wedding months with me!

3 comments:

LAA said...

I had fun remembering them too! We were all blessed to be able to celebrate this wonderful event together.

Anonymous said...

Why do I look so surprised? Pretty sure you're holding the shower gift I gave you... Maybe I was mid-yawn?

love again, the expressive blonde

Lauren and Justin said...

love it love it love it! weddings are so fun - thanks for playing along with Wedding Wednesday... it is great to meet you!!