Newlyweds!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bez Misoh

Today brought a very exciting development to my life. I learned how to say "without meat" and quickly put it to good use.

There is a restaurant in town called Fast Food that I have been dying to try, but they freak out when you say you are a vegetarian. So, I simply ordered the chicken dish Nathan gets, but bez misoh.

Delicious. Period. End of story. It is cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers and french fries rolled up in a pita topped with ketchup and tziki sauce. Sounds disgusting, I know, but it was oh so good.

They laughed at Nathan when he ordered mine without meat, but all went smoothly otherwise.

Oh, and Bulgarians that I asked how to say "without meat" were quick to point out that Bulgarian meat wasn't bad for you like US meat...while there are considerably less antibiotics here, we all know that I don't eat meat because it tastes bad to me. They really couldn't process that.

No comments: